Kaplan’s Essentials of Cardiac Anesthesia
Practical, user-friendly, and to the point, the newly updated Kaplan’s Essentials of Cardiac Anesthesia, 2nd edition focuses on the most common topics and clinically applicable information in cardiac anesthesia today. Designed for residents, nurses, and clinicians seeking quick, high-yield answers rather than the encyclopedic information commonly found in larger references-in fact, its concise format makes it easy to complete a section in a single sitting. For an initial introduction to cardiac anesthesia, nothing compares to Kaplan’s Essentials!
- Trusted authorities deliver the key cardiac anesthesia knowledge you need to know.
- A concise, user-friendly format and key points boxes in each chapter help you quickly locate crucial information.
- Annotated references guide you to the most practical additional resources.
A portable size and clinical emphasis facilitates and enhances bedside patient care.
- Designed as a companion to Kaplan’s Cardiac Anesthesia.
- Includes new topics vital to the current practice of cardiac anesthesiologists, such as transesophageal echocardiography; percutaneous valve procedures; new pacemakers and automatic internal defibrillators used for cardiac resynchronization therapy; left ventricular assist devices and extracorporeal membrane oxygenation therapy of heart failure; and patient safety issues.
- Focuses on today’s most current and relevant therapies, including New Cardiac Drugs, and Heart Mate, Heart Ware, and Impella LVADs.
- Describes care of the cardiac patient in Hybrid Operating Rooms, Catheterization Laboratories, and Electrophysiology Laboratories, as well as the Cardiac Operating Rooms.
- Perfectly suited for residents, fellows, nurse anesthetists and anesthesiologists in practice.